To Our Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa GuestsWe at the Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa feel privileged that you are considering to stay at one or more of our hotels when traveling to Monterey. In accordance with the Monterey County Health ordinance, Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is currently accepting reservations for all travel. We are thrilled to welcome guests to the hotel and look forward to working together responsibly so we may all continue to experience the love of travel. Our team is available to answer any questions you may have about your travel plans. We look forward to welcoming you!
Your Safety Is Our Primary Concern
We want to assure you that your well-being and safety is our number one priority for our guests, our ambassadors and our community. We take great pride in delivering the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene. Our team is well-prepared and specifically trained in protocols to ensure a clean, safe and healthy environment for you as our guest. We are proud to be awarded by the World Travel & Tourism Commission "Safe Travels" designation and been recognized by AAA with Best in Housekeeping status in 2020. Our vigorous program was developed, and continues to be refined, based on guidelines from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, California Hotel & Lodging Association and the Monterey County Health Authority.
As of April 30, 2020 please know the Monterey County Health Department has enacted that members of the public will have to wear face coverings while inside of or waiting in line to enter businesses. This order also requires our staff to wear a face covering, while assisting you. Further, businesses must take reasonable measures, such as posting signs, to remind patrons about facial coverings, and may not serve guests who do not observe the order. We thank you in advance for understanding the guidelines set by the Health Officer of Monterey County.
The following outlines the precautionary measures in effect at the hotel to protect against COVID-19. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Throughout the Hotel
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Additional hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants are available throughout the hotel and are easily accessible by guests and employees.
- Added reminders and signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Signs reminding guests of proper social distancing, wearing face masks throughout the hotel.
Arrivals and Check-Outs
- Our room keys and pens will be sanitized after each use.
- Scheduled check-in times are available as an option with private meet and greet to avoid the need for front desk interaction.
- We highly encourage one guest to visit the hotel lobby when checking in their party or family.
- Virtual check-out via the phone is strongly encouraged.
- The onsite restaurant, Estéban is now offering Dine In & Patio Seating. Enhanced routine cleaning, disinfecting common areas, disposable menus, physical distancing, use of face coverings and frequent handwashing all support a clean environment for our ambassadors, guests and community.
- Estéban is also offering Curbside & To-Go service. Condiments and utensils will be single service and disposable. Prepayment is available.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and will include proper separation of personal workspaces for food handlers. Gloves and use of face coverings will be worn with all service staff.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines. Special attention will be given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only. Additional pillows and blankets are available by request only. No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms. Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
Group EventsIn addition to our health and safety measures throughout the hotel, we have specific guidelines in place for group meetings and events:
- Dining for private events is available in accordance with the official state and health guidelines. Our team will execute pre-planned group menu selections in accordance with proper safety and hygiene protocols. Menus will be designed to be served individually to guests to accommodate the serving guidelines recommended by the CDC and local jurisdiction.
- Meeting room floor plans and seating capacities are designed to comply with social distancing requirements.
- All meeting spaces will be refreshed and sanitized between meetings, including rigorous sanitation protocol for all high-contact surfaces.
- All linen, including underlays, will be replaced after each use and laundered according to CDC requirements.
- Coffee and other break items will be served by a team member with appropriate personal protective equipment and social distancing.
- Flatware will be individually wrapped and will be provided to each guest.
- All condiments are single use.
- Restroom attendants and posted signage about proper social distancing and frequent sanitation protocols are in place for each public restroom.
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene. Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- The health of our ambassadors is being carefully monitored, including daily screening procedures prior to the start of their shift.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee.
- Proper hand washing before delivering any food or item to a guest. Hand sanitizer is available throughout front and back of house.
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
- While arriving, departing or transitioning throughout the property, please wear a mask.
To provide flexibility to our guests with travel plans Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is waiving cancellation fees for individual reservations to include full refunds for all Advance Purchase & Non-Refundable reservations directly made with Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa for stays through June 30, 2020. Reservations booked starting July 1 through September 30, 2020 may cancel with full refund provided the reservation is canceled 72 hours prior to arrival date. For more information, please email us at [email protected] Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies. Please Note: This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking.
We encourage all guests and staff to take the recommended precautions and please do not travel if you are not feeling well.
Our staff and our guests are like family to us and Monterey is our home. The safety of all three is and always will be of utmost importance to us. We will continue to monitor this situation through local and national health organizations. Our supportive thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.