For Your Safety & Wellbeing
In accordance with the Monterey County Health Department, all guests and staff must wear face coverings outside of their private space. We have posted signs to remind guests to wear masks and practice social distancing. In addition, a California Ordinance was issued calling a limited Stay at Home Order where a curfew will be in effect from 10p.m. to 5a.m. starting Saturday, November 21, 2020. Thank you for understanding.
Before You Get Here
- Hotel Common Spaces Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is following precautionary measures to protect you against COVID-19. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures, which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs, and tableware.
- Additional hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants are throughout the the hotel and easily accessible by guests and employees.
- Signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Signs reminding guests of proper social distancing and wearing face masks throughout the hotel
- Arrivals & Check-Outs
- Our room keys are sanitized after each use
- Scheduled check-in times are available with private meet and greet to avoid full front desk interaction.
- Virtual check-out via the phone is encouraged
- Food & Drink
- Estéban Restaurants is open for patio dining, curbside pickup to-go and delivery, with condiments and utensils to take home.
- Patio tables are 6 feet apart and cleaned and sanitized after every guest.
- Restaurant servers and staff are required to wear masks and gloves.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are enforced with proper separation of personal workspaces for food handlers.
- In Rooms & Suites
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines.
- Special attention is given to high-touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only.
- Additional pillows and blankets are available by request only. No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms.
- Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
- For Employees
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene.
- Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee.
- Proper hand washing before delivering food or item to a guest.
- Hand sanitizer throughout the front and back of the house.
- For Guests
- Social distancing and masks are required in common areas
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization is administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their health care professional before traveling.
- Flexible Cancellations We understand these are uncertain time. To provide flexibility to our guests with travel plans to Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, reservations may be canceled with a full refund provided the reservation is canceled 24 hours prior to arrival date through December 31, 2020. Reservations booked starting January 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021 will receive a full refund when the reservation is canceled 72 hours prior to the arrival date. For more information, please email us at [email protected]. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Please Note: This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking.