For Your Safety & Wellbeing
Before You Get Here
- Hotel Common Spaces Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is following precautionary measures to protect you against COVID-19. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures, which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs, and tableware.
- Additional hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants are throughout the the hotel and easily accessible by guests and employees.
- Signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Arrivals & Check-Outs
- Our room keys are sanitized after each use
- Scheduled check-in times are available with private meet and greet to avoid full front desk interaction.
- Virtual check-out via the phone is encouraged
- Food & Drink
- Estéban Restaurants is open for patio dining, curbside pickup to-go and delivery, with condiments and utensils to take home.
- Restaurant servers and staff are required to wear masks and gloves.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are enforced with proper separation of personal workspaces for food handlers.
- In Rooms & Suites
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines.
- Special attention is given to high-touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles.
- Housekeeping service is provided upon request.
- Additional pillows and blankets are available. No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms.
- Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
- For Employees
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene.
- Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee.
- Proper hand washing before delivering food or item to a guest.
- Hand sanitizer throughout the front and back of the house.
- For Guests
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization is administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their health care professional before traveling.
- Flexible Cancellations We understand these are uncertain time. To provide flexibility to our guests with travel plans to Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, reservations may be canceled with a full refund provided the reservation is canceled outside 72 hours prior to arrival. For more information, please email us at email@example.com. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Please Note: This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking.
Our team is well-prepared and specifically trained in protocols to ensure a clean, safe and healthy environment for you as our guest. By meeting comprehensive cleaning and disinfecting program requirements and passing an independent audit, we have earned the Ecolab Science Certified™ seal. In addition, we are proud to be awarded by the World Travel & Tourism Commission "Safe Travels" designation and been recognized by AAA with Best in Housekeeping status in 2020. Our vigorous program was developed, and continues to be refined, based on guidelines from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, California Hotel & Lodging Association and the Monterey County Health Authority.