Monterey State Historic Park
California history lives here. Take a guided walking tour of this heritage neighborhood and National Historic Landmark with restored buildings from the early days of Monterey.
Distance from hotel: 0.69 miles
Old Fisherman's Wharf
Enjoy a relaxing waterfront setting for shopping and outdoor dining with a backdrop of coastal scenery. Embark on a sailing cruise, fishing trip, or whale watching tour on Monterey Bay.
Distance from hotel: 0.75 miles
Head to this lively waterfront attraction to find shops, restaurants, and wine bars. Rent a kayak and paddle along the Monterey Bay coastline or explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Distance from hotel: 1.70 miles
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Explore this incredible aquarium on Monterey Bay. Discover stunning marine life exhibits, animal feedings, and behind-the-scenes tours. See sharks, jellies, penguins, and sea otters. Please know that tickets need to be purchased from the Monterey Bay Aquarium in advance. The Monterey Bay Aquarium will be open to all guests starting on Saturday, May 15th. Tickets go on sale on Wednesday, May 5th at 9am.
Distance from hotel: 1.90 miles
Embark on a whale watching adventure from Fisherman’s Wharf and see humpback whales, gray whales, blue whales, and orcas in Monterey Bay. Get close to sea birds, sea lions, seals, and otters.
Distance from hotel: 0.75 miles
Dennis The Menace Park
Let the kids have a blast at this celebrated Monterey park and playground with crazy slides, a zip line, a climbing wall, and a maze with lookout tower. Kids also love the steam engine train.
Distance from hotel: 0.49 miles
Drive the Monterey Bay coast, from Pebble Beach to Pacific Grove, past iconic golf courses, white sand beaches, picturesque cliffs, and mystical forests. See the Lone Cypress and Restless Sea at Point Joe.
Distance from hotel: 5.19 miles
See beautiful architecture, five museums and an active church at this early California mission built in 1771. Take a glimpse into the rich history and heritage of Northern California.
Distance from hotel: 5.14 miles
Point Lobos State Reserve
The crown jewel of California’s state parks, Point Lobos offers beautiful coastal hiking trails, abundant wildlife, and some of California's best snorkeling and scuba diving in the Pacific Ocean.
Distance from hotel: 6.90 miles
Reconnect with Monterey's wild side. Go whale watching on Monterey Bay. Explore gorgeous beaches, parks, and hiking trails. Tee off on championship golf courses. Bike the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreational Trail. Discover local experiences around every corner.
- When is the best time to visit Monterey, CA? The best time to visit Monterey is the fall, between September and the end of November. Fall offers the warmest temperatures and perfect beach days, but winter has fewer crowds. Winter also brings festive cheer and holiday decor along Cannery Row filled with unique shopping opportunities.
- What are the best things to do with kids in Monterey, CA? The beautiful coastal town of Monterey, California, is a true family destination with fun attractions for kids. The top 10 things to do with kids in Monterey are:
- Seeing marine life at the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Waterfront dining and Segway tours on historic Cannery Row
- Whale watching tours from Fisherman’s Wharf
- Getting wild at the Monterey Zoo
- Playing at Dennis the Menace Park
- Exploring the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreational Trail
- Enjoying sand and surf at Del Monte Beach, Monterey Beach and Asilomar State Beach
- Hiking through Pinnacles National Park
- Exploring MY Museum, Monterey’s hands-on children’s museum
- Driving down the coast to Big Sur and McWay Falls
- Where is the closest walking trail in Monterey? The waterfront Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail is one mile from the hotel. Stretching 18 miles from Castroville in the north to Pacific Grove in the south, the walking, jogging and biking trail is a great way to avoid busy streets to get around town and to Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cannery Row, and Fisherman's Wharf.
- Where is the closest Monterey park to the hotel? Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is 0.5 mile from the Dennis the Menace Playground with a maze and climbing wall, all part of the beautiful El Estero Park Complex. El Estero Park also has a lake with paddleboats, trails, and BBQ and picnic areas.
- Where can I play golf in Monterey nearby? The Monterey Peninsula is home to the most beautiful public golf courses on the California coast, including Monterey Pines Golf Club, Pacific Grove Golf Links, and Laguna Seca Golf Ranch. The hotel is within minutes of Pebble Beach Golf Resort, which includes Del Monte Golf Course, Spyglass Hill, and Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- Are Monterey beaches pet friendly? Yes. The Monterey area offers several pet friendly beaches, including nearby Del Monte Beach near Fisherman’s Wharf. Asilomar Beach and Carmel Beach are just a short drive away, so you can enjoy the sand and surf of California’s central coast with your dogs.
- Where can I go hiking in Monterey? Monterey offers beautiful hiking trails, including the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreational Trail that stretches for 18 miles along the bay. Hike the winding trails in Toro Park up Ollason Peak for sweeping views of Monterey Bay and Salinas Valley with its colorful wildflowers.