To Our Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa GuestsWe at the Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa feel privileged that you are considering to stay at one or more of our hotels when traveling to Monterey. In accordance with the Monterey County Health ordinance, Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is currently only accepting reservations for essential travel or to those seeking stable housing. Our team is available to answer any questions you may have about what qualifies for essential travel. Please call 800-222-2446 or email [email protected]terey.com.
Your Safety Is Our Primary Concern
We want to assure those guests who need to travel that we continue to take the recommended CDC health precautions issued by the Center for Disease Control and Monterey County Health Authority to provide a safe place for our guests, our staff and our community. We take great pride in delivering the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene. Our team is well-prepared and specifically trained in protocols to ensure a clean, safe and healthy environment for you as our guest. As of April 30, 2020 please know the Monterey County Health Department has enacted that members of the public will have to wear face coverings while inside of or waiting in line to enter Essential Businesses or facilities engaged in Minimum Basic Operations. This order also requires our staff to wear a face covering, while assisting you. Further, Essential Businesses must take reasonable measures, such as posting signs, to remind patrons about facial coverings, and may not serve guests who do not observe the order. We thank you in advance for understanding the guidelines set by the Health Officer of Monterey County.
The following outlines the precautionary measures in effect at the hotel to protect against COVID-19. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Throughout the Hotel
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Additional hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants are available throughout the hotel and are easily accessible by guests and employees.
- Added reminders and signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Signs reminding guests of proper social distancing, wearing face masks throughout the hotel
Arrivals and Check-Outs
- Our room keys will be sanitized after each use.
- Scheduled check-in times are available as an option with private meet and greet to avoid the need for front desk interaction.
- Virtual check-out via the phone is strongly encouraged.
- The onsite restaurant, Estéban is now offering Dine In & Patio Seating. Enhanced routine cleaning, disinfecting common areas, disposable menus, physical distancing, use of face coverings and frequent handwashing all support a clean environment for our workers, guests and community.
- Estéban is also offering Curbside & To-Go service. Condiments and utensils will be single service and disposable. Prepayment is available.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and will include proper separation of personal workspaces for food handlers. Gloves and use of face coverings will be worn with all service staff.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines. Special attention will be given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only. Additional pillows and blankets are available by request only. No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms. Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene. Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee.
- Proper hand washing before delivering any food or item to a guest. Hand sanitizer is available throughout front and back of house.
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
To provide flexibility to our guests with travel plans Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is waiving cancellation fees for individual reservations to include full refunds for all Advance Purchase & Non-Refundable reservations directly made with Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa for stays through June 30, 2020. For more information, please email us at [email protected] Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies. Please Note: This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking.
We encourage all guests and staff to take the recommended precautions and please do not travel if you are not feeling well.
Our staff and our guests are like family to us and Monterey is our home. The safety of all three is and always will be of utmost importance to us. We will continue to monitor this situation through local and national health organizations. Our supportive thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.